Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can we help you?

    Your questions, answered!
  • Salary

    How do I get paid?

    The Enhance Family Day Care administration team will assist you with your income, which consists of processing Child Care Subsidy and parent gap fees, which are paid directly to you by your families. Our finance team arranges pays for educators weekly.

    How much can I earn?

    Enhance Family Day Care educators earn approximately $80k per year, depending on the hours provided and the number of children in care. Your annual salary is determined by you; you set your own hours, fees and control how much you earn.

  • Support

    How will I fill my vacancies?

    At Enhance Family Day Care, we have families waiting for vacancies to open up across Queensland. We will help you to fill your vacancies from our current waiting list, by providing you with marketing resources to assist you in recruiting families and by advertising your vacancies via our Find an Educator Near You webpage. If you’d prefer, you can fill your vacancies yourself from your local community.

    What happens if I need time off?

    If you need time off for a holiday, personal leave, sick leave or if you simply need a break, Enhance Family Day Care will work in partnership with you and your families to temporarily place your children with other local educators under a casual booking.

    Who will support me professionally?

    You will have an Enhance Practice Mentor who will visit regularly to support you in your role, offer guidance and be available to answer questions. In addition, you will have access to our administrative staff who can assist you when required. We also encourage and provide you with professional development opportunities, to connect in with other local educators and invite you to participate in child-focused community events.

  • Requirements

    How do I apply?

    Check our careers page to assist you with your application! If you’d like further support, contact us and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

    After applying, how long until I can start?

    Your start time is guided by you, and is also dependent on your current home learning environment, qualifications and enrolments. Our team will support and guide you with every step of the way in becoming an Enhance Family Day Care Educator. For more specific information, contact us.

    How many children can I care for?

    Family Day Care educators can care for up to four children under school age, as well as three additional school aged children to a total of seven children at any one time. You might be interested in caring for school aged children only, still with a total of seven children at any one time. These numbers include your own children under the age of thirteen, unless there is another adult available to care for them.

    Do I need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work?

    We prioritise the health and safety of all educators and families. You do not need to be vaccinated to work with us as an educator, but you will need to disclose your vaccination status to us and to the families in your care.

  • Qualifications

    Do I need any qualifications to start?

    Yes. Family Day Care educators must hold a minimum of a Certificate III in Children Services or Early Childhood, or be actively working towards. In addition, all FDC educators must hold a current First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR qualification, Blue Card/Working with Children Check and Police Check.

    I hold a Certificate III, will I need to study further?

    No. You are welcome to complete further study, however this is not a requirement. We will support you in your ongoing professional development!

  • Environment

    Do I need to own my own home?

    No, but you will be required to obtain written permission from your landlord to operate with us.

    Do I need a new house?

    No, many of our educators operate from established homes. If you’d like more information about the specific environment requirements, please reach out to our recruitment team on 0447 127 137
    or via

    Can I have pets?

    Yes! We know pets are a part of your family, however, there are some safety requirements around sharing space and supervision. For more information, get in touch with our recruitment team on 0447 127 137 or via

    Can I have a pool?

    Yes! You will be required to have a pool safety certificate and the pool cannot be used by the family day care children in your care.